Monday, December 04, 2006

MCP #7

A mere three years after buying the first tutorial book, I finally sat the succintly-named Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET exam. Like a few too many of the MS exams, a lot of it seems to be aimed at stuff you're never likely to need - honestly, DataSets? So it was more a question of finding the time to learn stuff I'm never going to use than anything else. Anyway, since getting some more MCP certifications was part of the KPIs for my next performance review (which is only a month or so away), I thought I'd better pull my finger out. So an intensive session with Transcender over the weekend saw me back in the game, and after a stroll round the corner to the local testing centre and a couple of finger-chewing hours, I passed the exam with a score of 943 something-or-others. Out of what, I don't know? 1000? Microsoft aren't saying specifically, but given that the pass is 700, I'm pretty pleased. Now to do it all over again with the equally terse Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft Visual C# .NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework. Perhaps the people who write these exams get paid by the word...

No comments: